Ladies and gentlemen, Eric Greitens (r), the Governor of Missouri:
There were five Republicans and two Democrats on the committee.
SENSITVE CONTENT WARNING
This report contains content of a sensitive and sexual nature…
FINDINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
A. Conduct in Relation to Witness 1
Based on the testimony and evidence received by the Committee to date, the Committee finds reason to believe the following:
1. The Committee finds Witness 1 to be an overall credible witness.
2. Witness 2, a confidant of Witness 1, testified she has known Witness 1 for ten
3. Witness 3 authenticated a surreptitious recording of a conversation with Witness 1 that took place on March 25, 2015, approximately four days after Witness 1’s sexual encounter with Greitens.
4. Witness 4, a confidant of Witness 1, testified that she has known Witness 1 for thirty years, dating back to elementary school.3
5. Greitens declined the opportunity to testify and failed to respond to the Committee’s request for production of documents and sworn answers to written interrogatories.4 The Committee notes that Greitens has the constitutional right to so decline, and that the Committee has treated this process as if he also has the right to testify at this point in time.
35. Witness 1 testified that Greitens then said, “You’re not going to mention my name. Don’t even mention my name to anybody at all, because if you do, I’m going to take these pictures, and I’m going to put them everywhere I can. They are going to be everywhere, and then everyone will know what a little whore you are.”39
36. Witness 1 explained her reaction:
I just stood there, because I was like What the fuck? He doesn’t have feelings for me, he just wants to fuck me. So anyways, I was completely silent. I didn’t say anything, especially – so I didn’t even – my husband traveled for a living, and I didn’t even let him get pictures of me. So I just stood there quietly, and then he came up close to me and he said, Are you going to say anything? Are you going to mention my name? Of course, in my head, I was screaming, Fuck, all I want to do is tell people right now. I’m dying. This is the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to me. So I just didn’t answer at all, and then he spanked me and said, Are you going to mention my name? And I said – I just gritted through my teeth and I said, No. And he’s like Good – now that’s a good girl and was, like, back in his – whatever – you know, the thing that he had in his mind, the thing that he was going to do with me.40
37. Witness 1 testified that Greitens began kissing down her stomach again, and “as soon as he got, like, low on me, I just started freaking out and I started ripping down my hands. I was like, Get me out of here. I’m not ready for this. I don’t want this. I don’t want this.”41
Read all of the documents. Some old media (television) in the Kansas City media market are already doing a both siderism he said/she said schtick.
“…The Committee finds Witness 1 to be an overall credible witness…”
“…Greitens declined the opportunity to testify and failed to respond to the Committee’s request for production of documents and sworn answers to written interrogatories. The Committee notes that Greitens has the constitutional right to so decline, and that the Committee has treated this process as if he also has the right to testify at this point in time…”
Want to bet whether this report in it’s entirety is going to become a campaign literature drop in every state Senate or House district with an incumbent who refuses to act or continues to enable him?
Oh, my. (January 11, 2018)
Oh, my – part 2 (January 11, 2018)
Oh, my – part 3 (January 11, 2018)
אַ שאַנדע פֿאַר די גוים and *IOKIYAR (January 11, 2018)
Oh, my – part 4 (January 11, 2018)
Oh, my – part 5 (January 11, 2018)
Oh, my – part 6 (January 12, 2018)
Sen. Denny Hoskins (r): not exactly a ringing endorsement (January 12, 2018)
Gov. Eric Greitens (r): piping (January 16, 2018)
Oh, my – part 7 (January 16, 2018)
Waiting… (January 19, 2018)
Oh, my – part 8 (January 29, 2018)
The unanswered question (February 8, 2017)
RSMo § 565.252 (February 22, 2018)
Well, you were the one who used a blindfold and tape. (February 22, 2018)
Well, he was the one who used a blindfold and tape. (February 23, 2018)
A few words of advice (February 26, 2018)
Eric Greitens (r) and the House – pass the popcorn (March 6, 2018)
Oh, my – part 9 (March 6, 2018)
“That’s not how you spell bare.” (March 7, 2018)
It’s their world, the rest of us only get to live in it (April 8, 2018)