The top ten traffic posts for Show Me Progress in 2018:
1. Claire and the #Trumpshutdown – Claire tries to save military pay, McConnell slaps her down (January 20, 2018)
“While I voted yes tonight to continue funding the government, it’s embarrassing how badly this place is being run,” McCaskill said.
The past is prologue.
Senator Claire McCaskill (D) [2018 file photo].
2. Be the badass on the right (June 29, 2018)
In the late afternoon of June 29, 2018 at a Kansas City rally in support of Muslims, Immigrants, & Refugees a young woman with poster board and a marker took it upon herself to peacefully confront a right wingnut counter protester.
The badass on the right. #resist
3. Suppose you organized an open public debate in the 4th Congressional District and the incumbent republican just couldn’t be bothered to show (September 19, 2018)
The Vicky Hartzler (r) of 2010 bears no resemblance to the incumbent Representative Vicky Hartzler (r) of 2018.
4. March for Our Lives – Kansas City – in Theis Park on Saturday, March 24, 2018 (March 20, 2018)
The announcement for the March for Our Lives event held in Kansas City, Missouri. There was a lot of interest. There were a lot of people attending four days later.
“There should be a background check before the NRA is allowed to buy a senator.”
5. Suppose you threw a DNR CAFO hearing in Warrensburg and everyone came? (April 3, 2018)
A company in the process of creating an “up to” 6,999 beef cattle confined animal feeding operation (CAFO) on 400 acres on U.S. 50 in western Johnson County, just west of Powell Gardens, faced a public permit hearing in Warrensburg with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Hundreds showed up.
6. AG Josh Hawley (r): CAFO manure trumps Powell Gardens (September 1, 2018)
Attorney General Josh Hawley (r) (and now U.S. Senator-elect) literally shit on Powell Gardens (“Kansas City’s botanical garden”) by intervening against a Missouri Administrative Hearing Commission stay of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources decision in support of a confined animal feeding operation [CAFO] up wind of the gardens.
At Powell Gardens, Kingsville, Missouri.
7. He knew. We knew. They knew. Everyone knew. (June 1, 2018)
Posted on the day Eric Greitens (r) resigned as Governor. Chris Koster (D) tried to warn us during the campaign.
Attorney General Chris Koster (D), the party’s nominee for Governor, speaking at a GOTV kickoff rally in Kansas City – October 29, 2016.
8. Seventeen minutes of silence (March 14, 2018)
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. #NationalWalkoutDay
9. Now that’s a CAFO – comments addressed to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (March 21, 2018)
Public comments addressed to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources as part of the permitting process.
“Say No to Valley Oaks”
10. Oh, my – part 3 (January 11, 2018)
When the Eric Greitens (r) scandal broke in the news.
Eric Greitens (r) [2016 file photo].
It’s been quite year.
The Political Year in Pictures – 2018 – part 1 (December 28, 2018)
The Political Year in Pictures – 2018 – part 2 (December 28, 2018)
The Political Year in Pictures – 2018 – part 3 (December 28, 2018)
The Political Year in Pictures – 2018 – part 4 (December 28, 2018)