Trump’s lead attorney in the impeachment trial could also be a witness, according to Bolton’s book
…Cipollone was at this meeting, the manuscript said, suggesting he witnessed Trump order a top adviser to get involved in the coordinated effort to pressure Ukraine. This raises ethical questions about whether it was appropriate for Cipollone to lead Trump’s defense in a trial pertaining to matters he’s said to have firsthand knowledge of…
Claire McCaskill @clairecmc
1) Bolton is telling the truth
2) Cipollone was in the meeting
3) Cipollone is a fact witness and has misled the tribunal
4) Cipollone has violated the ABA Rules of Professionall Conduct
5) Cipollone should be disciplined by the Bar and potentially lose his bar license.
2:15 PM · Jan 31, 2020
Josh Hawley (r) on allowing witnesses: No
Roy Blunt (r) on allowing witnesses: No
A trial without witnesses or documents in evidence. Really.
So their cult leader can take a victory lap before a sporting event?
Rest in peace.
Impeachment Trial: “No” witnesses, “No” documents, “No” impartiality (January 22, 2020)