We wrote a lot of stories and posted a lot of photos in 2017. These were the posts which generated the most traffic during the last year:
1. Well, you asked (February 15, 2017)
Missouri Governor Eric Greitens (r) engaged the public and media through the filter of social media in his second month in office. Much hilarity ensued. Not much has changed.
2. The 1440 Clock Project – two minutes in Warrensburg, Missouri (March 20, 2017)
An artist from Paris, France (by way of New York City) painted two large public art works in Warrensburg, Missouri as part of an ongoing ten year worldwide project.
3. Secretary of State Jason Kander (D): at the opening of the legislative session (January 4, 2017)
Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander (D) had a thing or two to say in his formal role opening the new legislative session. Right wingnut republicans in control of the House were not pleased.
4. Rep. Vicky Hartzler (r): alt-reality (February 6, 2017)
Representative Vicky Hartzler (r) will probably never hold an open public town hall in the 4th Congressional District.
5. Roy Blunt’s (tele) town-hall: What he said and what he didn’t say (May 25, 2017)
Senator Roy Blunt (r) will probably never hold an open public town hall in Missouri. We sense a pattern here.
6. Women’s March – Kansas City – Washington Square Park – January 21, 2017 (January 21, 2017)
On the same day of massive national protests and marches on the day after the new administration came to power 10,000 people showed up to protest at Washington Square Park in Kansas City.
In the aftermath of Charlottesville, Virginia. Sarcasm is one of our specialties.
8. Oderint dum metuant (May 11, 2017)
Let them hate, so long as they fear. Newbie “activists” get used by Representative Vicky Hartzler (r) and her staff, getting nothing in return. And, an open public town hall in the district will probably never happen.
9. Mark Osmack’s gonna be a contender (August 19, 2017)
A post on one of the Democratic Party challengers in the 2nd Congressional District generated a number of comments from one of his rivals.
10. You got that right (March 28, 2017)
A small rally and march on a rainy day in Jefferson City in support of Donald Trump.
The Political Year in Pictures – 2017 – part 1 (December 28, 2017)
The Political Year in Pictures – 2017 – part 2 (December 28, 2017)