anti-vaccine, Corona virus, COVID-19, General Assembly, HB 1861, J. Eggleston, organ transplants, pandemic
“…No hospital, physician, procurement organization, or other person shall consider the COVID-19 vaccination status of a potential organ transplant recipient or potential organ donor in any part of the organ transplant process…”
Bill prefiling for the Missouri General Assembly session started on December 1st.
Yet another bill, addressing a matter of great urgency for right wingnuts, filed yesterday:
Creates provisions relating to COVID-19 vaccination status with respect to organ transplant procedures
Sponsor: Eggleston, J. (002)
Proposed Effective Date: 8/28/2022
LR Number: 3959H.01I
Last Action: 12/07/2021 – Prefiled (H)
Bill String: HB 1861
Next House Hearing: Hearing not scheduled
Calendar: Bill currently not on a House calendar
The bill language:
SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1861 [pdf]
101ST GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVE EGGLESTON.
3959H.01I DANA RADEMAN MILLER, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 194, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to COVID-19 vaccination status.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 194, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 194.321, to read as follows:
194.321. 1. For purposes of this section, the following terms mean:
(1) “COVID-19 vaccination status”, an indication of whether a person has received a vaccination against COVID-19;
(2) “Hospital”, the same meaning given to the term in section 197.020;
(3) “Procurement organization”, the same meaning given to the term in section 194.210.
2. No hospital, physician, procurement organization, or other person shall consider the COVID-19 vaccination status of a potential organ transplant recipient or potential organ donor in any part of the organ transplant process including, but not limited to:
(1) The referral of a patient to be considered for a transplant;
(2) The evaluation of a patient for a transplant;
(3) The consideration of a patient for placement on a waiting list;
(4) A patient’s particular position on a waiting list; and
(5) The evaluation of a potential donor to determine his or her suitability as an organ donor
Are masks optional during the procedure? What if the part gets vaccinated in transit? If an unvaccinated recipient gets a part from a vaccinated donor does the recipient then have to carry a vaccine passport?