“A Better Missouri with Governor Jay Nixon” has a certain clunky appeal to it.
“It Could Be Worse” worked in the last election, but probably won’t be a particularly effective brand for the future.
The question is, which statewide office in 2016?
Ah yes, the post election keep your campaign finance committee put something, anything, up there dance.
From the 30 Day After General Election campaign finance report [pdf] filed yesterday:
A BETTER MISSOURI WITH GOVERNOR JAY NIXON 12/6/2012
1. Total Receipts For This Election Previously Reported $15,355,907.21
8. Total All Receipts This Election $16,124,219.99
9. Total Expenditures for this election previously reported $13,641,667.03
14. Total Expenditures This Election $15,512,314.39
27. Money On Hand at the close of this reporting period $413,395.73
That’s quite a nest egg. What’s next?