In the interest of full disclosure: I know all three Democratic Party candidates. I worked on Jim Jackson’s 2002 campaign. I am working on his 2008 campaign
The 121st Legislative District cuts a swath, west to east, in the middle layer of Johnson County and includes the cities of Holden, Knob Noster, and Warrensburg. The University of Central Missouri and Whiteman Air Force Base are in the district.
The seat will be open – David Pearce (r-121), a big fan of automotive deer hunting in Missouri, has announced as a candidate for the open senate seat in the 31st District.
Democrats Jeffrey Alvarado, Anthony Arton, and Jim Jackson have announced their candidacies.
On January 9th the Warrensburg Daily Star-Journal [no link available – the paper is still in the 19th century] reported that Denny L. Hoskins, a republican, announced his candidacy the previous evening:
…Hoskins said he first became interested in public service as a Boys State delegate at the University of Central Missouri in 1992…
Hoskins lives in Warrensburg and works as a CPA.
The 4th quarter campaign finance reports are in at the Missouri Ethics Commission.
Jeffrey Alvarado does not currently have an active committee:
COMMITTEE TO ELECT JEFFREY ALVARADO
2. ALL MONETARY CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED THIS PERIOD $1,515.00
6. IN-KIND CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED THIS PERIOD $260.00
7. TOTAL ALL RECEIPTS THIS PERIOD (SUM 5A + 6A) $1,775.00
5. TOTAL EXPENDITURES THIS ELECTION (SUM 10B + 14A) $645.84
28. MONEY ON HAND AT THE CLOSE OF THIS REPORTING PERIOD (SUM 25 + 26 – 27) $869.16
13. TOTAL MONETARY CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED FROM PERSONS GIVING $100 OR LESS $690.00
2. ALL MONETARY CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED THIS PERIOD $5,920.00
15. TOTAL EXPENDITURES THIS ELECTION (SUM 10B + 14A) $262.95
28. MONEY ON HAND AT THE CLOSE OF THIS REPORTING PERIOD (SUM 25 + 26 – 27) $5,657.05
13. TOTAL MONETARY CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED FROM PERSONS GIVING $100 OR LESS $1,920.00
A candidate name search of the Missouri Ethics Commission database indicates that Hoskins has not yet filed his committee organization paperwork (which indicates that he has yet to raise any money).