A bill, filed yesterday by Representative Joshua Peters (D):
Establishes the “Preserving the Second Amendment Act”, which prohibits the possession of certain firearms in the city of St. Louis
SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 2129
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES PETERS (Sponsor), NEWMAN, PACE, DUNN AND PIERSON (Co-sponsors).
6387H.01I ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 571, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the protecting the second amendment act, with a penalty provision.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.520, to read as follows:
571.520. 1. This section shall be known and may be cited as the “Protecting the Second Amendment Act”.
2. No person residing in a city not within a county shall own, possess, manufacture, transport, repair, or sell:
(1) A shotgun;
(2) A short-barreled or sawed-off rifle;
(3) An automatic handgun; or
(4) A flamethrower. For purposes of this section, the term “flamethrower” shall mean a mechanical incendiary device designed to project a long controllable stream of fire.
3. The metropolitan police department of a city not within a county shall develop and institute a surrender process whereby the firearms prohibited in subsection 2 of this section may be surrendered to the metropolitan police department. The metropolitan police department of a city not within a county shall relinquish all firearms surrendered under this subsection to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
4. Any person violating the provisions of subsection 2 of this section shall be guilty of a class A felony.
[emphasis in original]
No flamethrowers? Thus leaving us all defenseless from the coming zombie apocalypse…